Thursday, February 21, 2008

Photo Assignments

Photo Assignment #3: Picture quality vs. Number of pixels

Ok, so as I was reading my notes I realized that I wasn't taking pictures correctly for this assignment. I took several pictures of the same thing but was only changing the picture quality (SHQ, HQ, SQ, etc,). When I got home and was looking at the picture specs I noticed that the first few all had the same number of pixels, I had thought that changing the quality standard would change the pixel size.

I tried looking through my manual to see if I could figure out how to change the quality & the pixels, but I can't figure it out. So, I am sorry that I did not complete this portion of the assignment. However, I will mention that I always take pictures in SHQ (super high quality) because it really shows when I print the pictures and when I edit them (I didn't know before about not editing in j.peg) and I seem to lose a lot more pixel faster if I am editing a lower quality picture.